comfort food at its finest! I love spaghetti squash because it is nutrient packed and is a wonderful substitute for pasta. Try out this turkey strogonoff during your weight loss program for a yummy dinner.
- Prep Time25 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time40 min
- Serving Size1
- Energy230 cal
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon Phytopur Soup Greens
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley (optional)
Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine.
Combine cornstarch and stock until smooth. Add to pan. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, Phytopur Soup Greens seasoning and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in almond milk; heat through.
When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley if desired.
- Serving Size1
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat8 g10.26%
- Saturated Fat2 g10%
- Cholesterol55 mg18.33%
- Sodium400 mg17.39%
- Total Carbohydrate25 g9.09%
- Dietary Fiber5 g17.86%
- Total Sugars10 g
- Protein17 g34%
- Calcium129 mg9.92%
- Iron3 mg16.67%
- Potassium790 mg16.81%