This is a very refreshing and light salad. The spices and herbs in the dressing make for a wonderful flavor. Herbs and spices like ginger, mint, coriander, chili and garlic are nutritional powerhouses, sure to satisfy your hunger.
- Prep Time10 min
- Total Time10 min
- Energy240 cal
- 1 cucumber, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 carrot, chopped in matchbox strips
- 2 leaves of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 kale leaf, chopped
- 1 cup of mint leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chillies (any type)
- 2 inches ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1-2 lemon juiced, plus some zest (2 teaspoons)
- pinch of stevia or 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- bunch of roots coriander (keep the leaves for the salad)
In a food processor blend coriander roots, garlic, ginger, chillies, lemon zest and juice, tamari and stevia or coconut sugar until well combined and finely chopped.
Combine salad ingredients all together in a bowl including the coriander leaves.
Pour dressing over salad ingredients, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Add avocado sliced on top.
You can mix and match any vegetables you like such as snow peas, bean sprouts, asparagus, lettuce, green pepper, tomato, broccolini or anything else you like.
additions & substitutions
Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program:
Add in one of the following lean proteins/serving:
- Add 3-4 oz chicken, meat, or tofu
- Add 4-6 oz fish or shellfish
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat16 g20.51%
- Trans Fat2.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg0%
- Sodium35 mg1.52%
- Total Carbohydrate26 g9.45%
- Dietary Fiber13 g46.43%
- Total Sugars7 g
- Protein6 g12%