Warm up with this delightful vegetable dish. Ratatouille is simple, yummy, and reboot friendly!
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Energy140 cal
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, about 3-4 large leaves, sliced , plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium sweet or red onion, sliced
- 2 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 3 large fresh tomatoes, (roma is best)
Preheat oven to 350F
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes, oil and vinegar. Stir in the garlic, basil, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
Pour the tomato mixture into baking dish and smooth it into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
Stack the veggie slices in alternating patters (e.g.: onion, zucchini, eggplant, tomato; repeat) and place them on their side in the pan, leaning against the edge of the pan. Repeat until you’ve formed a couple of rows of veggies, filled the pan, and used up all of the veggie slices.
Bake for about an hour, until the tomato sauce at the bottom is bubbling and the veggies are tender.
Garnish with chopped fresh basil before serving (optional). Serve hot or cold.
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat4.5 g5.77%
- Saturated Fat0.5 g2.5%
- Sodium280 mg12.17%
- Total Carbohydrate22 g8%
- Dietary Fiber7 g25%
- Total Sugars13 g
- Protein5 g10%
- Calcium85 mg6.54%
- Iron3 mg16.67%
- Potassium870 mg18.51%