If you love Thai food and the benefits of veggies, this recipe is for you. This quick and easy meal is sure to win you over. With a little bit of chopping and mixing up a quick dressing, you can enjoy this meal as a side dish or main. It’s a light, refreshing and packed with micronutrients.
- Prep Time15 min
- Total Time20 min
- Yield2-4 servings
- Energy170 cal
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized*
- 2 carrots, spiralized
- 1 cup of red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup of green cabbage, finely sliced
- 3 green scallions, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped and deseeded (optional)
- 1 extra lime to make wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup raw nut or seed butter (try almond, peanut or sunflower seed)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup of lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 tbsp tamari
Prepare the vegetables as directed.
Mix the dressing ingredients together and combine well.
Mix the spiralized carrot and zucchini with the remaining ingredients then toss in the dressing, and combine well.
Serve with lime wedges.
*Don’t have a spiralizer? You can simply finely chop all of you veggies or use a vegetable grater.
- Skip the dressing
- Sub cabbage for kale or spinach
- Sub scallions for red onion
Weightloss & Lifestyle Program:
Add in one of the following lean proteins/serving:
- Add 3-4 oz poultry/tofu
- Add 4-6 oz fish/shellfish
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat9 g78 g11.54%
- Saturated Fat2 g20 g10%
- Sodium860 mg2300 mg37.39%
- Total Carbohydrate20 g275 g7.27%
- Dietary Fiber4 g28 g14.29%
- Total Sugars11 g
- Added Sugars4 g50 g8%
- Protein7 g50 g14%
- Calcium70 mg1300 mg5.38%
- Iron2 mg18 mg11.11%
- Potassium609 mg4700 mg12.96%