This simple kale salad is a winner! It’s refreshing, healthy and light, perfect to enjoy for lunch. Kale has an amazing amount of vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, K, C, magnesium, potassium, B vitamins, iron, calcium.
- Prep Time5 min
- Yield2 servings
- Energy250 cal
- 3 cups of fresh kale
- 2 tbsp chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp cup freshly made vegan parmesan cheese (add more to individual salads if you’d like)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Remove the hard stem off kale leaves and tear into small bite-sized pieces and add to a bowl. Save the stems for juicing!
Combine all ingredients with the kale in a large salad bowl.
To make salad dressing blend lemon zest, juice, olive oil and mustard until vinaigrette is thick and creamy.
Toss salad dressing in large bowl with ingredients and season with sea salt and black pepper.
Keep chilled then right before serving sprinkle on a little more vegan parmesan cheese to each salad plate.
additions & substitutions
Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program:
Add in one of the following lean proteins/serving:
- Add 3-4 oz chicken, meat, or tofu
- Add 4-6 oz fish or shellfish
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat21 g26.92%
- Saturated Fat3 g15%
- Cholesterol0 mg0%
- Sodium80 mg3.48%
- Total Carbohydrate13 g4.73%
- Dietary Fiber2 g7.14%
- Total Sugars8 g
- Protein3 g6%
- Calcium79 mg6.08%
- Iron1 mg5.56%
- Potassium136 mg2.89%